I’m excited that I’ve been asked by several Book Clubs to be their guest and to feature The Lady of the Tower as a their chosen book. Here are some questions that can help readers think as they read the book and discuss at the meeting:
- Which character do you like the most and why? The least and why?
- What passage from the book stood out to you?
- Are there situations and/or characters you can identify with, if so how?
- Did you learn something you didnt know before?
- Do you feel as if your views on a subject have changed by reading this text?
- Have you had a revelation from reading this text?
- What major emotion did the story evoke in you as a reader?
- At what point in the book did you decide if you liked it or not? What helped make this decision?
- Name your favorite thing overall about the book. Your least favorite?
- If you could change something about the book what would it be and why?
- Describe what you liked or disliked about the writer’s style?
The Lady of the Tower started life as a beta read in my own book club group, and I will be eternally grateful for that wonderful group of supportive readers who took my work seriously enough to discuss it and draw conclusions that I hadn’t even seen. It certainly helped pave the way for the final edition, and was a huge milestone in my own personal journey of a dream coming true.